Staff, 2022-12-08 04:30:43,
The ultimate evolution of the air-cooled Porsche 911 is generally recognized as being the 993 series. This was a version that embodied the things that had made Porsche great; superb and uncompromising workmanship, simplicity, a devotion to pure performance and handling.
These were things that made the 911 the most recognizable Porsche ever made, and the 993 version took that pure and uncompromising design and manufacturing excellence and refined it into a series of models that are the epitome of all that made a Porsche a Porsche.
Fast Facts – The Porsche 911 Carrera RS Clubsport
- The Porsche 911 Carrera RS cars were part of the 993 series of 911’s from the 1990s, the final air-cooled 911s.
- The 993 series cars were a completely new design but made to look very much like the original 911 cars.
- The job of making this new car look like a 911 was entrusted to English designer Tony Hatter.
- The suspension of these cars featured a Weissach axle as had been previously used on the Porsche 928.
- The Porsche 911 RS Clubsport was a track-oriented car based on the Carrera Cup competition car.
Designing The Porsche 993
The senior management at Porsche wanted this new 993 series to retain the look of the traditional 911 such that a casual observer would immediately assume that it was just that, and that made the job of the designer of the exterior appearance of the car, Englishman Tony Hatter, all the more challenging.
As the last of the air-cooled Porsche 911’s the 993 had a high…
To read the original article from news.google.com, click here