, 2022-12-09 03:22:07,
V8 Supercars teams chase Daniel Ricciardo for 2023 as Red Bull deal could open the door for Australian to make short-term return to his homeland
- Garth Tander will not renew his deal with Triple Eight Race Engineering
- The team is owned by Red Bull, who have recently re-signed Daniel Ricciardo
- The eight-time Grand Prix winner will serve as the reserve driver in 2023
- Supercars CEO Shane Howard said sport would ‘roll out red carpet’ for Ricciardo
- The Australian was axed by McLaren at the end of a dismal season
- Click here for all your latest international sports news at Daily Mail Australia
Daniel Ricciardo could be in line for a sensational short-term switch to V8 Supercars next season after Triple Eight Race Engineering and Garth Tander surprisingly parted ways on Friday.
The Red Bull-owned team said that Tander, a five-time Bathurst 1000 winner, had opted not renew his contract at the end of the season, just two months after triumphing at Mount Panorama alongside Shane Van Gisbergen.
Team principal Jamie Whincup said the would speak with ‘drivers both domestic and abroad to find the best fit to co-pilot’ the number 97 car together with Van Gisbergen.
Daniel Ricciardo could be in line for a sensational switch to V8 Supercars next…
To read the original article news.google.com, click here